Saturday, July 07, 2007

momma's cubs

There has been so much going on with momma's cubs, momma can't even keep up herself.

Let me try to break it all down for ya :o)

First of all, Bailey has sport injuries. He got hit in the eye with a baseball during practice one night.....the very next day he was surfing and got sliced by the fin. One of Todd's very few days off, and he spent it in the ER with Bailey.
Bailey is also becoming girl crazy! He has several girls he likes. He is now even stealing girls from his friends.....not a good idea if he likes to have friends! There is a "new" Kailee (I guess you can't call them the wrong name if they all have the same name, right?) he is after. His best friend likes her and introduced them. Bailey has decided he wants her :o) I asked him, "How do you know she likes you more?" He responded, "Why wouldn't she?" with a roll of the eyes (yes, boys apparently do that too) and inflection in the voice that suggests I am stupid.

Caden and Camden have new best friends.....Booger Ball and Cookie Monster. They are the cutest little hampsters ever! They, of course, got to name their own and had no troubles doing so. I suggested Bert and Ernie, and Cam immediately insisted on "Cookie Monster" for his hampster.....whatever. Hey, with Caden's foul vocabularly, I'm thankful "Booger Ball" is what he wanted to name his. I was scared he'd want to name him "Fart" or "Eat my Butt Crack"......we keep telling ourselves he'll someday find a place in society.....it may be prision, but we'll see. We keep our expectations low and our goals small for him.....we're hoping he'll "surprise" us and exceed them all :o)
Speaking of Caden, we were very concerned about him a couple of months ago. To make a LONG story short, he looks like a combat soldier returning from Iraq. He has more bruises on him than any of you have ever seen.....no joke. He also gets bloody noses (bad ones) amost every day). The doctor told me he's seen abused kids with fewer bruises than Caden has!!!!! That's never a good comment to hear from a doctor! Every day we were expecting the police to show up and accuse us of abuse. Well, after many blood tests and a long wait, the doctor finally called with the results. I guess Caden has some weird (supposedly it's genetic....Todd or I must have it and not know it) blood disease. He said he has to run more tests that have to been sent back to the states to a pediatric hematologist before we know more. There is no treatment, really, and will live a normal life.....he probably just needs to wear a little medical bracelet. The only time it would be a problem is in a car accident or surgery or something like that. So, that's that.

Camden and Bennett are, for the most part, uneventful in terms of injuries and weird crap. Cam is just your normal 3-year-old (only 3 more weeks until the big birthday).....full of smart-ass comments and learning how to learn adult words in context almost daily! Bennett wants to be just like Caden, Cam, and Daddy. He repeats and copies everything they do.....good and bad. He is a funny little baby. He tries to talk so much.....he looks at us and just makes all these noises and then sort of throws on a question mark sound at the end like he is waiting for us to respond to what he just "said" somehow. It is very cute :o)

I am getting ready to sign my two little monsters up for First Steps Soccer. The last day of registration is ON their 3rd birthday.....boy, did I luck out there! I just pray Caden doesn't hurt someone....I mean really hurt someone!

Grumpy Pants just had another birthday :o) He's getting old...37 :o) I am so glad I will always be younger than he is.....it is a beautiful thing! "We" are also getting old....another anniversary coming up next week. I don't have anything to look forward to, because I already got my present. Last month I went out and bought some new furniture. After the purchase he said happy anniversary......that was kind of a trick.....wouldn't you agree, ladies??????

I am still in "boot camp" training. I've only offically done 4 weeks.....this last week was our trainers vacation. I still got up every morning at 4:15 to go to the gym though, so I feel like I've done 5 weeks. Getting up that early is starting to get to me....it's not fun. I feel good though. I have not lost any weight (which is frustrating), but my clothes are looser. So, I guess I'm gaining muscle (which I didn't want) as I lose body fat. I just want to be a stick again! All of these lame words like "tone" and "lean muscle mass" are crap to me. I want to be skinny! I want to loose weight. I want to be a size 2 again. Anyway, I'll stick it out the full 12 weeks and then evaluate what I need to do to get where I need to be.

I think that is a pretty thorough update. If I think of anything else, I'll add it later. Hello to everyone I never hear from anymore! I know, I'm bad about writing these days, but I think of you ALL often. Many times, thinking of all my family, friends, and friends that are like family put the sunshine back in an otherwise-crappy day :o) Cheers to all :o) If you ever feel like you're going mental, think of me :o)

3 Comments:

At 2:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's Kali not Kailee.

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Mel :-) said...

Ahh Bailey...the little heart breaker already, I'm sure!! ;-)
Sounds like you have your hands full! The soccer will be great for the twins, the perfect outlet for their energy. That's great they can start it so young!!
Thought of Todd on 7-7-07, I always remember that's his b-day. Alice had her baby girl on the same day, turned out to be a lucky day for them too! Keep in touch! :-D

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Belva Jean said...

sounds like you are busy as ususal:) Keep up the good work on your bootcamp!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home