Wednesday, April 19, 2006

baby or toddler?

I'm wondering if I'm pregnant with a baby or a toddler at this point!!!! I went in for another ultrasound today. In the beginning, my 5-week ultrasound, my 8-week ultrasound, AND my 12-week ultrasound showed the baby measuring exactly (to the day) where it should be...that's always nice :o) Well, by the 25-week ultrasound he was measuring 7-10 days ahead of where he should have. Today, he is a FULL 2 weeks ahead of where he should be. I am only 31 weeks and he should be 3 lbs 5 oz....he is measuring 33 weeks and weighs 4 lbs 5 oz already!!!! That is what Caden weighed when he was born!!!! I still have 8 more weeks to go....I'm dying here! He is in the 95th percentile.......duh, my little body was not made to carry a 95th percentile child! I've always liked my "little" babies. I swear, he's going to come out looking like my other kids looked when they were 3 months old. Once again, "Be Careful What You Wish For"..... right? Ya, I'm glad I'm having another C-section. I don't think I could physically give birth to a toddler! Maybe he likes my midnight Oreos TOO much :o)

6 Comments:

At 9:21 AM, Blogger Karen said...

The doctors told me when I was pregnant with Jackson that he was going to be a 9-10 lb baby because of the measurements! Jeff was almost 10 lbs so it was a possibility! I stressed and was very nervous about giving birth to that big of a child. Then I found out I needed a c-section and then he was actually only 7 lbs! Just tall! Go figure! I'm sure all will be fine and birth will be no problem for you, especially since you are an expert now!!! Good luck and keep us updated. Let's see some pics of you and baby!!!

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Mel :-) said...

WOW! Maybe he won't be as big as they are expecting. I know several people that have been told their babies were going to be huge, then they ended up smaller than they thought. With Brooke I measured big and she came out big, with Becca I measured small and she came out big! Both were 8lbs 9oz and the deliveries were easy! Either way, I am not worried- like Karen said, you are a pro by now! :-)

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger Kris said...

The thing is, I am measuring small (only 28 weeks) and he is measuring big (33 weeks)...I'm actually 31 weeks...WTF??????????? I pray someone is wrong, hopefully the ultrasound lady!!!!!!!! I don't know Mel...8lbs 9oz sounds awefully big...wow, ouch! I like the sound of 7lbs, Karen!

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger Heather said...

I have the same story as Karen, except I didn't need a c-section, he was 7 lbs. 3 oz. but not because he was long, apparently he had a short & stubby umbilical cord that caused his measurements to be off? Even the hospital nurses when I was in labor would feel my belly and exlaim he was a 'biggun'??? There's hope yet!

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger Belva Jean said...

I wouldn't be surprised if he's 7lbs something. That's not too bad at all. And only one baby this time-should be a breeze:)

 
At 1:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Probably a good thing this baby is going to have a good start, as he'll sooner catch up with his big brothers. And keep in mind Todd weighed 8 lbs 8 ozs. Cubby little cheeks, top and bottom, how cute is that!! We're counting down the weeks with you, hoping for an easy delivery and a quick recovery for you after the birth. Love ya, Mimi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home