Sunday, September 23, 2007

the girl behind the blog.....

Me and the three oldest kiddos. Bennett is not in the picture because he is on daddy's back as daddy is playing photographer. I had to post this picture first as "proof".....read on......



I was sitting in damp, semi-muddy grass at the botanical gardens when Todd said, "You know, you're going to have to wash those shorts now...." Big, funny (not really so funny) joke he likes to make just about every day is how I wear these same shorts every day of the week.....except on Thursday, because that's when my mamasan comes and does laundry :o) Okay, so I'm pretty simple and predictable when it comes to clothing. In my defense, I don't wear these shorts every day though.....I have two pairs that look VERY similar. Okay, yes they are both camo shorts.....and I always wear them with a t-shirt and my hair in either a ponytail or a baseball hat. Sometimes I change it up a bit and wear gym clothes with my ponytail.....that throws him off! On occassion, I'll even put on denim shorts and wear my hair down.....brushed too!!!!! That's why I posted the picture above:o) Makeup? Maybe powder and lip gloss.....if I think about it. I really like the idea of dressing up and "painting" my face.....it's just too much work if I'm just going to get toddler and baby "goo" all over me. What's the point? Well, I actually did get dressed up TWICE this month.....twice is a record I think.

This was just a warm up. I brushed my hair AND got the frizz out with a straightener.....that's rare! There is a touch of makeup (not much) and a little jewelry. See? I can look like a girl when I try......


You can't see it in this picture because of the lighting (I look so pale because of the big window directly behind me), but I have alot of makeup on.....my face actually felt nasty. Anyway, I did my makeup (well, the best I could, since I never wear it) and Caden asked why I had "clown eyes." Nice....right? About a half hour later and put my hair up, and Caden looked at me like he just sucked on a lemon and asked, "Why your hair like that, mommy? take it off!" Again....that's my little angel. When I put on the dress just before we left, Cam said, "You look pretty, mommy!" Caden just kept looking at my hair and said, "No mommy don't, Cam."


I even went out and bought some new bling for our big night out :o) Yes, there was a fight involved, but it was worth it.....I got a great deal! Anyone who knows me knows how I can't pass up a great deal :o) Too bad you can't really see it in the picture. Again, it's the lighting. It really is pretty though, and I got MANY compliments on it that night. It's a diamond pendant with 85 diamonds (they are small though) in it......it's pretty!!!!!!

Okay, enough of me. We've been over here for 2+ years now, and I think I've posted one picture of me when I was pregnant with Bennett and one since he was born......that's it. Mom keeps asking me, "How long is your hair? How much do you weigh?" Stuff like that....so, here you go, mom. By the way, my hip is off to side in the bottom picture....I know it makes me look fat, but it's just the way I am standing.

Now I've got to post some of the kidlets :o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home