Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Daily Grind

Well, I've already managed to let an entire week pass without updating on the blog....like there is something exciting to post....nope! This past week has been your typical daily grind. We didn't do anything exciting over the weekend, really. Bailey had his end-of-season baseball party...BO-RING....then we went looking at cars. I think we are going to get a new (well, not new) car for Todd. We're going to let Jeff and Connie use our van when they get here, until they get their cars. I'll drive the station wagon (and you thought a minivan was bad) and Todd will drive his car. Then, once they get their cars, we'll get rid of Todd's car. His car can't fit all 6 of us :o) I'm excited about the station wagon, really, I am, because it is the old-fashioned kind (every car/van here is old) that has the two seats in the very back that face backwards.........perfect place for the twins.....they'll love it back there! Anyway, that was the extent of our weekend!
Bailey is getting geared up for his Soroban (some weird Japanese math stuff) competition next week and his school's spelling bee and geography bee.........he is a busy little bee.....study, study, study! He was on the Principal's Honor Roll AGAIN....of course! That kid has never gotten anything less than an "A" on a single report card....I'm jealous!!!!!!!! I got horrible grades in elementary school. I wonder what grade he'll be in when he finally does get a "B" and how devastating it will be to him..........oh, I dread that day!
Well, today is EXCITING laundry day...whoo hooooo! As you can see, the boys like laundry day....they like to play in the pile of pillows before they get washed....someone always gets hurt!


Then they like to be wrapped up in the warm blankets when they come out of the dryer! What kid doesn't like that? I still do!


The damn dog next door is barking and driving me nuts. He's tied up outside and it's raining....he's not happy; therefore, I'm miserable listening to him! Well, I'm off to catch up on school work....what a nightmare! This class is going to kick my butt. I am so far behind. I hate school!!!! I did get a small scholarship from the annual Officer Spouse Club scholarship though....every little bit helps! There were 24 winners and they are having a little cermony event for us and everything.......how cute!!!! You can't win if you don't apply, right? That was easy money :o) Anyway, off to get some homework done.........catch ya next week!

10 Comments:

At 11:37 PM, Blogger Karen said...

My life is pretty monotonous also! That's how it is with kids I think. Sounds like you are staying busy and that's good! That's great that you'll be helping Connie out when she gets there! What are friends for???

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger Mel :-) said...

I know exactly what kind of station wagon you are referring to!! My grandparents used to have one; wow that brings back memories!! Tell Bailey we said good luck on his competition, though he won't need it since he is so dang smart!!! That is great that he likes school and is doing so well. He is such a good kid! Fun pics!!

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Karen said...

I forgot to mention that my family had a station wagon growing up too! It was white with baby blue interior and my sis and I always got to sit in the back seat!!! Good memories!! We also had another one that we called the Henderson mobile. Remember Harry and the Hendersons(it's a movie)??? Well it looked just like the one they drove. Brown and UGLY! It got even uglier when my dad decided to take it out while drunk and smash in the front left side! So that made it even more embarassing to ride in!!! Not good memories there!!!

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger Kris said...

I've been looking for the old kind that have the very back seats face each other....they don't have any though...only the kind that face the rear of the car. In the van we have, the middle row flips around and the twins face each other in there. That makes "play space" on the floor too....they love it!!!

 
At 12:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

long-time reader, first-time commenter... :-)

Hi Kris! Well, glad to see the boys are still loving their soft blankets! :-) Sounds like you're doing well and very busy there in Japan! Send our good luck wishes to Bailey for his competition! Mel is right- he is very smart!
We also had a station wagon where the rear seats faced out- we loved them! Ah, the memories!

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger Belva Jean said...

Those blankets are the best! We are going to have to buy Aurora a replacement one. I hardly have time to wash and dry it, she takes it everywhere. Sounds like everything is going great and you definately are busy. Speaking of cars, how long did it take you to get used to driving on the wrong side of the road? I was just looking at some pics of the island when I was there. It's beautiful country.

 
At 1:18 AM, Blogger Kris said...

Actually, I was totally DREADING driving on the wrong side of the road....it came pretty naturally though. Having the driver's seat on the wrong side really helps with the transition. I don't think I could drive on the left side of the road in the left side of the car....I had to keep telling myself "keep your hiney on the liney" when I turned at major intersections!!! I think the Japanese road signs are worse than driving on the wrong side....they drive me NUTS!!!! I still don't know what any of them mean...honestly, I don't care either :o)

 
At 1:19 AM, Blogger Kris said...

The boys LOVE their blankets...still!!! Luckily, I have a spare...blue, green, and yellow....I think I need to order more for Bennett (well, at least that is his name this week :o)

 
At 7:06 AM, Blogger Heather said...

Such fun stuff! Warm towels and pillow fights! I can't wait for Riley to get older sometimes! The wagon sounds like a hoot! I was never lucky enough to have one. Is your van a minivan or one of the big ones?

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Oh Kris I love the name Bennett!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home