Sunday, May 07, 2006

BIG week ahead

Last week was a stessful week for me (school sucks) but a boring week for the rest of the family. We did have a squadron picnic to go to on Friday, which was really lame....the squadron activities here are horrible....or maybe it's the people, I don't know. The squadron is definitely different than the squadron at Tinker. Earlier in the day, a handful of us ladies met at Starbucks for coffee. That was fun. One girl brought her two little Yorkies, Monica and Chandler (How funny is that?), and the boys just loved those little dogs! We are going to start meeting for coffee every other Friday....that will be a nice change, since I don't get out much :o) Anyway, Saturday, we went out to dinner with some friends, which was nice. We went to my favorite Indian restaurant....yummy!!!! No, I don't do spicy while I'm pregnant, or we'll end up with a remake of Along Came Polly! That certainly would not be fun for anyone....especially the friends who were with us! Sunday was rainy and dreary.....we stayed in....boring. This week is Bailey's big week at school. He has his Sorobon competition on Tuesday, which is exciting. It is a competition with 15 competitors from each of the 3 elementary schools on Kadena AB. I hope Todd can attend....they asked that little siblings don't attend, so that counts me out!!!! He brought a sorobon home for the weekend and was practicing.....it was cool.....of course, he rocks too!!!! I hope he does well in the competition. As long as he doesn't rush and worry about the other competitors, I'm sure he'll do fine. Thursday is his school's spelling bee.....he'll probably do pretty well. He's always been a good speller, but his mind has been on the geography bee. That will take place on Friday.....he has been studying his little hiney off for that!!!! There are about 300 questions on the study guide....they were HARD too!!!!! Todd and I had to find all the answers for him to study from....it took us HOURS and HOURS to Google all those answers! So, he knows them all......he'll do fine, as long as we didn't give him the wrong answer.........oh gosh, I would just die! Anyway, that's our big week......I'll have to give updates after each competition :o)

3 Comments:

At 6:14 PM, Blogger Belva Jean said...

you make me laugh:) (Along came polly~hee hee) Good luck Baily in all your competitions. You'll do great!!

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger Heather said...

I laughed too, had to share that with DH. Another good luck with to Bailey, he's one super-kid!

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger Mel :-) said...

You are funny with your talk of the people there...at least you have Connie heading your way soon! ;-) We WERE really lucky with our group of chicas at Tinker!! Send Bailey my good luck-wishes!! Woo hoo, go Bailey!!! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home