Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Fartsy Smartsy

Those big fancy schmancy doctors think they are so smart! I finally decided to take the ER doc's advise and call the Urologist for my consult. He spent an entire hour showing me my CAT scan and explaining why I need surgery. He said it is between 6 and 8 mm. "I've seen some people pass some pretty big stones, but this stone is too big to pass on your own. You can call me next week to schedule surgery, or you can call me in a year to schedule surgery. It depends on how long you want to be miserable in pain." So, what do you say when an expert puts it that way? Well, I guess I need to schedule surgery....right? So, I scheduled surgery for next Wednesday. What a pain. I can't nurse for 24 hours, Todd is supposed to start his new job next Wednesday, and then leaves for Hawaii (sure it's "work"....ya, ya....paid Hawaiian vacation without the wife and 4 kids is what I call it) for 2 weeks. The whole logistics of surgery with a newborn, twin toddlers, (Bailey's easy), and a husband who is 1) recovering from surgery himself (4 kids is plenty), 2) starting a new job where he works 14-hour days, and 3) leaving to go TDY for 2 weeks is a NIGHTMARE! Anyway, if it has to be done, we'll find a way, right?
So, on my way to bed last night, I made my standard trip to the potty. That MONSTER kidney stone that "won't come out on its own" managed to find its way out alright!!!!!! Whew, I almost passed out when I saw that bad boy!!!!! He said it was 6-8 mm......it was 6 mm wide but 9.5 mm long. I was so happy to call the doctor this morning to cancel that surgery! The bad news is he wants me to bring it in so the lab can analyze it. Let me tell you, that thing is like my Medal of Honor or Purple Heart......I want to frame it or put it in a shadow box for the world to see. I need to take that thing to Vegas with me....what a unique lucky charm, huh? Anyway, it's gone, and I am one happy camper!!!! Those stupid doctors don't know anything........

5 Comments:

At 10:55 AM, Blogger Karen said...

I'm sorry things are alittle stressful for you right now! I am glad you passed your stone, as painful as it was! SO maybe things will lighten up for you now with no surgery in your future!! Stay healthy and sane!!

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger Mel :-) said...

Wow, I can't imagine! You are a stronger woman that I! Too bad you can't leave the kids with a sitter and head to Hawaii with Todd! Having a newborn cancels that idea out! Hope all goes well for you while he is gone, I know you have your hands full. Take care! Mel :-)

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger Michele said...

Yeah! At least you won't need surgery. And I would wish you luck with all the kids while Todd is gone; but it looks like you won't be needing it! You seem to become super woman when you need to. So, bid Todd farewell and tell him he owes you when he gets back! :o)

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger Lynanne said...

OMG looking at the size of that and the size of the urethra, that must have felt a lot like birthing a baby. OUCH!

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Super Kris strikes again! I am so glad that you are feeling better and proved those doctors wrong. Good luck with Todd away. You'll be fine as always... and hey, Todd can bring you some yummy pineapple from the island! :) Is there any difference between Okinawan pineapple and Hawaiian?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home