Saturday, June 24, 2006

Stone Soup anyone???

All these damn kidney stones I've been passing....I could brew up a nice stone soup! I was in the ER Friday night still trying to pass the same stone from 4 weeks ago. They tried to talk me into having surgery THAT night, but the urologist said he'd give me until Monday to try to pass it on my own. Well, it's been 4 weeks, so the chances of me passing it by Monday are pretty slim. No, not looking forward to having a camera shoved up my urethra, into my bladder, and into my ureter.....that CAN'T be fun! Well, I guess 5mm is the "magic" size to indicate surgery.....I have a 4mm kidney stone sitting directly on top of a 6mm kidney stone. Both of them are sitting right above my bladder and can't seem to make it through that little turn. I don't know.....it sucks though! I traded in the cancer 11 years ago just to have kidney stones for the rest of my life. Honestly, the cancer was a LOT easier....it didn't hurt at all. Anyone out there who has ever had kidney stones knows what I mean! I've passed 6 stones just during the last half of my pregnancy with Bennett. Gosh, maybe I had all these kids for a reason.....I'll need one of them to donate their dear old mom a kidney one of these days! Seriously, I could probably make a lot of money selling my body to medical research. Oh, I wonder if there is a market for kidney stones on eBay.....hmmmmmm...."LUCKY" kidney stones might be in high demand!

4 Comments:

At 6:49 AM, Blogger Belva Jean said...

I think I'll pass on that stone soup:) I hope that you have an eventful weekend, so you can avoid the surgery.

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger Karen said...

OUCH! Sounds painful!! I hope you get through this and get back to normal! I'll pray for no surgery!

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger Michele said...

Sorry to hear about that. Never had one and am crossing my fingers it stays that way. Feel bad for you. Good luck getting through it. Just can't imagine with a new baby an all....

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger Gingers Mom said...

Ouch. I hope you feel better soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home