Monday, May 29, 2006

Rainy Days

We were so looking forward to our four-day holiday weekend. Well, Friday felt like a sweaty armpit.....just nasty, nasty hot and humid. Our friends from Oklahoma got here Friday afternoon....so that was a plus! It's good to have Connie here. Caden and Camden are liking having Landon around to play with. New friends are always fun :o) Bailey is loving having the "older" friend, Dustin, around. Dustin is 3 years older than Bailey is, so Bailey feels super cool playing video games with him. I keep telling him that Dustin will find friends his own age soon and poor Bailey will be written off....he's hoping that won't happen....but it will. Saturday we had them over for a BBQ and invited some neighbors.....it rained (poured) all day long....it sucked! Saturday night we took them to a party, so they got to meet some people. They were still totally jet-lagged, but they had a good time. Sunday morning Todd and Jeff went golfing with a couple of the guys from the squadron....in the rain. I swear, it has been raining non-stop since Saturday morning about 10:00. Sunday night we took them out to a local sushi restaurant to "break them in" a little bit. Monday morning, woke up to rain.....finally decided around 2:00 to not let the rain keep us inside all day, so Connie, the kids, and I went out shopping a little bit, and Todd and Jeff went car shopping. Now it's Monday night and still raining. Gosh, I hate this. The sad thing is, tomorrow will be beautiful....I just know it. Now that the guys have to go back to work, the weather will be awesome....it always works that way. Oh well, I will get Connie and the kids out of TLF tomorrow and we'll go do something.
I am getting more and more uncomfortable every day. I have a couple of doctor appointments this week and an ultrasound on Thursday, so Thursday will be the big deciding day. Baby will arriving on Thursday if the ultrasound doesn't show more weight gain. If it does, then I have to wait an additional 11 days. I know that is not a lot, but it sure feels like it when I am trying to sleep at night! I'm ready now....I hope baby arrives on Thursday so we can get our schedule underway. Also, this week is a slow week with school, and I won't really have anything to catch up with. If I have to wait until the 12th, I'll have a lot of work to do before baby gets here. So, I'd like the delivery to fit into my school schedule :o)

1 Comments:

At 11:19 AM, Blogger Mel :-) said...

That is great that Connie and Fam got there safely. Tell her I said hello!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home