Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Mommy's Day

No pics today....just a little narrative update. Mother's Day was great....of course! I got my usual "pamper me money".....I get spa gift certificates EVERY SINGLE birthday, Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, anniversary, and Christmas.....usually enough to go 2-3 times each occassion too.....yep, he's good to me. So, I was expecting that BUT he also surprised me. I don't have any pictures to post because he got me this cool little digital camcorder and I haven't touched my camera since. It's smaller than my camera is and it records up to 24 hours of video.......there's no tape.....it's awesome. It just takes a few minutes to download the video to our hard drive and then make DVDs....it's so easy. Well, okay, all you grandparents out there....it's not so easy that you will be receiving DVDs every week.....we'll be working on getting some out to you within the next month or so though :o) Anyway, it also takes pictures. I have my little 4 mp HP that takes really nice pictures and then my big 10 mp Cannon for portraits, but this thing is awesome. It has 32X optical zoom too....how cool is that? Okay, enough about my new toy. Electronics for mother's day...that's cute!!! Man, if only I had thought of it....that would have been a perfect Father's Day present!!!! On a more serious note, I had an ultrasound today, and little Bennett is not doing as well as he was. No need to worry.....I'll give more details and an update on Thursday after I go back to see the doctor again. It's very possible he'll be arriving early though.....hopefully not on Thursday!!!! My once-big baby has decided he is done growing, so they are going to check him out a little more on Thursday and come up with a plan for this little guy. He was in the 95th percentile 4 weeks ago and now is only the 20th percentile. He has only gained 10 oz in 4 weeks, so we may have to get that little booger out of there earlier than planned. Been there, done that....so, I'll update in a few days. He's doing well right at the moment...kicking the crap out of me....I think he's trying to tell me to go to bed....everyone else has been sleeping for hours :o) Over and out....

4 Comments:

At 9:49 AM, Blogger Karen said...

I know all is well with baby. Keep us updated. I'm gald you had a good Mom's Day.

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Mel :-) said...

Gotta love being pampered!! :-) The camera was a great gift too! We will have to get an awesome new camera also to take pics in Utah, it is beautiful there. Keep us posted on baby, I will be thinking about ya!

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger Heather said...

Sounds like a great present! What a great hubby! We'll keep the baby in our thoughts and look forward to hearing more details later in the week.

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger "Army Mo" said...

Hi Kris! It's Aunt Jean (as in Uncle Rick!) back in Ohio... love your blog! San just sent us the link to it. Can't believe how the boys are growing! Haven't heard from the grandparents so I assume the newest addition hasn't arrived yet? "GI Josh" has a month of missions left, and their planes start leaving Baghdad July 17th. We are counting the days, hours, and minutes! Tell Todd & the boys hey! Oh, and my Dad loved your little island when he was there many decades ago!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home