Friday, December 29, 2006

nice break

The past few weeks have been such a nice break!!!! I've taken a break from everything, and it has been wonderful. I am so energized now :o) The kids have all been great while Todd has been home, and we were able to have lots of fun family time. The baby is growing so much every day. He still isn't crawling, but he's starting to scoot around a bit. He's just too fat to get his belly up off the ground :o) He tries to get involved with everything his brothers are doing though. He grabs toys and food right out of their hands all the time, and they scream at him. He just gives them a loving smile and giggle. Todd is trying to teach him to say dada (ha, dads crack me up). He moves his mouth like he's saying it, but nothing comes out. It's cute. Caden and Camden are growing also. Cam's new thing is "yes, ma'am".....he says it for EVERYTHING! Todd thinks he says "yes, ma'am" to him to piss him off. He knows how to say "yes, sir" but he doesn't :o) Caden is so proud of himself with his A B C's. He shows off in front of Cam all the time. Cam doesn't care....he looks at him like "so, what?" Bailey is just Bailey.....as perfect as ever. I can't believe he'll be twelve in less than a month. Wow, how time flies. That means I'll be having ANOTHER birthday in less than a month also. I swear, it feels like my birthdays come a lot more frequently than everyone else's....why is that? I hate getting old. I keep telling Todd we need one more baby, like that is going to keep me young or something. He thinks I'm absolutely crazy, and there is no way I'll convince him to have another baby. Truth is, I'd have 2 or 3 more if he'd let me. One at a time is easy and actually fun! I'd take 6 boys....could you imagine how much fun that would be? Better yet, could you imagine being a boy with 5 brothers? Could life be any better? I just want to keep giving my little boys more and more brothers. Okay, enough baby talk....everyone is going to think I've fallen off my rocker!
Let's see, what else? Oh, I've been reading everyone's blogs :o) Congrats to all those new Majors out there....yeah!!!!! I can't wait for that pay raise :o) We're only a year behind you! I envy that.....but not all the snow you all have!!!! I love looking at all those pictures, but I'd hate to be sloshing around in it....yuck! It's been cold here....I actually wore a sweatshirt when I took the kids out for donuts this morning!!!!!! It's probably in the low 60's with the wind. That's cold enough for me ANY day. Todd is out golfing, because he hasn't been in probably a month. Poor guy. He's been super dad the past week, so he definitely deserves it! Bailey loves having him home too....Bailey doesn't feel bad bailing out on me when Todd is home. Bailey has been fishing, rock climbing, playing tennis, bowling with his friends, and is paintballing next week. Childhood is definitely more fun when you get to that age where you can just leave and go do your own thing with your friends :o) Speaking of Bailey, he almost got himself killed....really! His friend went to White Beach with his family for a few days, so Bailey took care of their cats and did his older brother's paper route for him. Well, Brainiac decided to NOT yield to a car and turned out in front of it. He jumped off his scooter as it went sliding underneath the car!!!!!!!!!! He came through the front door with road rash on his stomach and arm. I told him he's SO lucky he jumped off that scooter. It's not like he doesn't know better! I guess the lady jumped out of the car freaking out. Bailey told her, "It's okay, it's my fault, it's my fault!" She felt horrible and asked if he wanted a ride to the hospital :o) He just walked home....why, I don't know.....he had his cell phone in his pocket!!!!!! Duh....he must have been in shock still. Anyway, of course, dad yelled at him and told him to get over it and to go do the paper route before it got dark. Of course, mom, babied him....cleaned his wounds and drove him on the paper route :o)
Wow, this is getting long....and probably quite boring. I'm just trying to fill you all in over the past couple of weeks, since it's been so long since I blogged. Connie's blogged more than I have....something is definitely wrong....I'm way behind the power curve. Speaking of Connie, Happy Birthday! She's still a baby....only 31....I think I remember being 31!
Well, I guess that's it for now. Who knows how long it will be before I blog again....could be a while! We are all enjoying our gifts Santa left for us!!!!! The three little ones got WAY TOO MANY toys....I can't even list them all. I can't even see the floor in the toy room. I had to order 4 new toy bins for all of this crap....I can't wait until they get here. Bailey got a new tennis racket, a ball hopper, Nike ID gift card, movies, books, etc. Todd got his golf punch card :o) He never wants gifts! I got my pink Kitchen Aid blender to match my pink Kitchen Aid mixer, another Coach purse, and my Starbucks Espresso machine....all of which will come in good use :o) It was probably our most relaxed Christmas yet....hard to believe! Okay, really, I'm going now!

2 Comments:

At 10:25 AM, Blogger Mel :-) said...

Glad to hear you are alive and kicking over there! ;-) It sounds like you had a nice Christmas. I am relieved to hear Bailey made it out of the collision with only scratches and bruises!

 
At 9:57 PM, Blogger Michele said...

Glad to hear you all had a nice Christmas. Wish I could have gone to the beach! Glad Bailey is okay too. I would've driven him too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home