Tuesday, November 14, 2006

quick hello....

Don't have time to mess with the camera and download photos for this entry....just wanted to say hello to everyone! We are busy this week with Todd gone TDY. I couldn't imagine being a single mom with 4 kids....wow....hats off to all those moms!!! Anyway, things are going well around here. We are spending the next few weeks prepping for Santa Claus. Cam is afraid of his own shaddow, so this will be an interesting year. We pulled out the pictures of the boys with Santa last year, and they LOVE to point and say, "me like san claus" over and over again. Caden points and says, "me no cry" because he is crying in his picture from last year. We need to pull out the digital recorder and do a pre-Santa interview with the boys talking their big game and then the actual Santa encounter. My prediction is that they'll be shaking like leaves on trees. They won't get near him....I won't be able to pry them off my neck to get them to sit with him.

A little late for this message, but YEAH for the CMAs......some of you love country music, some of you hate it.....ever since I was introduced to country music (way back in tech school) I have found my music.....country music does something to me :o) love it!!!!! Anyway, go Carrie Underwood. As much as I think Kenny Chesney is gay as can be, I still love his voice and his songs....go Kenny! There are lots of them I love....go all y'all....okay, enough of that!

Bailey got his first report card....straight A's, of course. Caden and Cam are loving school. Bennett is loving his mommy time while the boys are at school 3 days a week. He is a good, FAT baby.....I kinda like having a fat baby :o) He's so thick...rolls on rolls...it's so cute :o) We are hoping they disappear someday though. We've got some really fat (grossly obese) blood on my grandma's side of the family.....I think they're all dead now, so I can say that :o) Hopefully, Bennett just has baby fat and that fat gene died with those old family members.....keep your fingers crossed for us....

In the middle of a class....that's why postings have been so slow. I've been reading everyone else's blogs though :o) I'll try to get some pictures up this weekend. It all depends on the boys, with Todd gone and all.....we'll have to play that by ear. We're hoping he'll be back for Thanksgiving....should be, but those of you in AWACS know how predictable those damn jets are.

That's all for now....hey, hey, hey to all.

7 Comments:

At 8:53 AM, Blogger Karen said...

I'd put a sticker on my car too! Didn't realize you loved country music! I wish Kenny would just come out and just deal with it! I do love him though! Good luck the rest of the week Todd is gone! Jeff is gone too! I'll be thinking about ya!

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger Mel :-) said...

Yeah, I am a little worried about Santa this year- Brooke did fine 'til she was 2, and she still doesn't want anything to do with him! (though she too talks big until we actually get there!!) Hopefully Becca won't start being afraid of him now too.
I used to love country music...I just don't really like anything that is out there right now. I DID catch a replay of Faith Hill's reaction, that was freaking hilarious!!! Backpedal!! Kenny gay?? NO way! ;-)

 
At 12:05 AM, Blogger Kris said...

Oh, Mel, he is SSSOOOOO gay!!!!!

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Belva Jean said...

I never thought about prepping the kids for a Santa claus encounter. we just do it and hope one of them is slightly smiling:)

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger Michele said...

Glad to hear your "keeping your head above water". I know its hard with only 2 kids. Your right, I can't imagine beig a single mom! But, as a mother, you learn to do what you gotta do! Great job on being able to do 50 things at once! ;o)

 
At 1:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear ya, my hubby has been gone 2 weeks, one more to go and then he is home for 2 days and gone 5 more. OK so the month of November is wash in our book. I did the whole single thing Mom for a year, its not too glamerous. But you know what, you take one day at a time and you get through it. I am also attempting to take a class, German 2. Its been 7 years almost 8 since I took German 1. I must be on drugs!!!! Glad Cody is old enough to babysit. At first I was hesitant, but one night I had no choice at all and he did great. Hang in there Kris....I'm not sure about Kenny. But having lived in OKC the twister was one of the better stations and it got me hooked on country.

 
At 1:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear ya, my hubby has been gone 2 weeks, one more to go and then he is home for 2 days and gone 5 more. OK so the month of November is wash in our book. I did the whole single thing Mom for a year, its not too glamerous. But you know what, you take one day at a time and you get through it. I am also attempting to take a class, German 2. Its been 7 years almost 8 since I took German 1. I must be on drugs!!!! Glad Cody is old enough to babysit. At first I was hesitant, but one night I had no choice at all and he did great. Hang in there Kris....I'm not sure about Kenny. But having lived in OKC the twister was one of the better stations and it got me hooked on country.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home