Wednesday, October 25, 2006

time flies

Today was a nice, relaxing day. After I took the boys to school (gosh I love Wednesdays!), I went over to Connie's house and BSed for a couple of hours. She made cookies and fed my fat...don't you love friends who help you get fatter?
Yesterday we had a couple of people over. Some guys Todd worked with at Tinker are here TDY for the week, so we thought we'd have them over to our house (aka, the ghetto). We got to hear about the nice, big houses they bought up in Alaska while we sat around our 1950 typhoon-safe, concrete box! Oh, the jealousy was oozing out of me....I can't wait to get back and buy another house. I miss having my own house....a BIG house....and, believe me, our next house will be a frickin' monster of a house.....3,000 square feet, 5 bedrooms, 3 baths, 2 living rooms.....I don't care....after living in this shoe box with 4 kids, I'm not settling for anything less (that was my foot you just heard go down)! Anyway, it was cool to see John and Jeff. It doesn't even seem like it's been 15 months since we left Oklahoma. The only thing missing was Beth and Karen :o) I could almost hear them here :o) The AWACS community is cool, because we'll all end up back together somewhere, someday. Even though Jeff is getting out, we'll probably run into him back at Tinker....that's just the way AWACS works! We were with John and Beth for almost 7 years. When we met them, we just had Bailey (he was only 4) and they didn't have any kids. Now they have 3 boys and we have 3 more also. Gosh, time flies....I can't believe how quickly time flies by. Anyway, it was good to see old "Vikings" here :o) Todd even cooked last night (hahahaha....the grill broke.....it was horrible). It turned out okay though :o)
The blogging will probably slow down now that my next class has started. The workload doesn't seem too terrible, but there is a new online system I just can't seem to get the hang of....that is taking too much of my time. I can't wait until April when I graduate. I was supposed to start a job (not a real job, a fun job....only 12 hours a week) next spring/summer when someone leaves, but she is wanting to quit this winter sometime. I'll have to start early so someone else doesn't snatch it up. I was hoping to be done with school before I start....oh well.
Other than that.....same old shit over here!!!!!!

7 Comments:

At 5:50 AM, Blogger Johnny Ong said...

continue wif yr dream life, a person without a dream has no meaning in life no matter how absurd that dream is. enjoy yr great time wif yr children, it beats every hard times u went thru when u see them laughing/enjoying themselves

 
At 6:41 AM, Blogger Mel :-) said...

That is great that you were all able to get together for dinner! Sounds like fun! :-)
I am with you on the HUGE ASS house our next one will be!! Houses here are so expensive; we love our house but it isn't as big as we would like. Only 3 years...then ginormous house here we come! ha ha ;-)

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Oh Kris, It could be so much worse!!! At least you are in the warm sunshine and not freezing your ass off! At least you have some place to take your kids on Wednesdays! Nothing available here until the age of 3!!! I could go on but I should just be thankful! I am counting the days until we are back in the lower 48!

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger Michele said...

It is a give and take. You can either have the sh** weather and a big house or beautiful weather and a box to live in.... I think I want the warm weather. Oh well, to each his own and we all do the best we can with what we have!

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger connie said...

Thanks for coming over. It is nice to have grown-up girl talk. It was just like Christmas. ;)

 
At 12:12 AM, Blogger Kris said...

TRUE.....I'd be a bigger bitch if I was freezing my ass off. A nice, cozy fireplace with a big down blankie,slippers, and a nice big mug of java sure does sound cozy though :o)

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger Belva Jean said...

Too bad all of us wives can't get together for a "TDY" to catch up sooner than later, but as you said since the AWACS community is small we'll see each sooner than we think:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home