Friday, October 27, 2006

One up....

Everything is a competition between Caden and Cam. Who gets up earlier, who gets their vitamin first in the morning, who gets to go get the mail with mommy, who gets to pick out their clothes first.....everything! Well, we pretty much know that Caden will be the first for many things.....breaking his arm, getting a black eye, knocking out his teeth, etc. Well, Cam is one up on Caden now....Caden WANTS stitches like Cam. Funny thing is, Caden isn't even the cause of Cam's stitches....Cam is (Bailey was also a contributing factor).
Honestly, I'm really surprised it has taken this long for one of them to get stitches. Only 3 little stitches too. He was quite the trooper getting them put in. I remember when Bailey got his first (and only) stitches....he was only 9 1/2 months (that's what you get when you have an early walker) and screamed bloody murder the entire time. Cam did very well :o)

So, here it is, Friday night, and I'm sitting here at the computer....warm blanket around me, nice LARGE glass of wine in front of me, getting ready to tackle some homework while Todd and Bailey are out. I'm not even sure where they are....playing pool maybe? Older kids sure are easy (well, in some respects....certainly not others....believe it or not, they actually get harder!!! I know those of you with little kids don't believe me, but you just wait....you'll see). How was that for a tangent? I'm very good at that :o)

Okay, ideas (anyone) on how to get my baby to eat? All three of my kids were SCARFING down food by 3-4 months....never had a problem getting them to eat cereal. A couple tries to get them used to it, then I couldn't keep it coming fast enough. Bennett wants NOTHING to do with cereal. He loves to watch other people eat, and gets really excited....opens his mouth and kicks. When it's time for him to eat, he just lets it sit in his mouth and waits until it gets really watery before spitting it out. Maybe he doesn't like it???? I put cereal in his bottle though, and he loves it. I'm open to suggestions.

The shirt says it all!

Have a great weekend, everyone :o)

5 Comments:

At 8:43 AM, Blogger Karen said...

So how'd he get the stitches???

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger Belva Jean said...

You skipped the how in the stitches story...
As for Bennett (cute pic~he is getting so big) maybe mix the cereal with a little juice to change the flavor a bit.

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger Kris said...

He was sitting on Bailey's lap on the floor and when he got up (Bailey pushed his bottom to help him up)he just flipped over forward and hit his head on the corner of a dresser....it was just one of those things....he wasn't doing anything dangerous or risky....just being a clumsy Cam.

 
At 3:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, you're sitting there with a large glass of wine and a warm blanket getting ready to tackle some homework? That's seriously how you get ready to study? That's how I get ready for a nap! Study needs a major caffeine rush.

As for food... some babies just aren't ready until later. A friend here has a boy who is 8 months now and still only gets formula because his stomach doesn't handle food yet.

 
At 5:58 AM, Blogger Kris said...

I didn't say "study"....I said "homework"....if you read my homework, you'd know I drink wine when I do it :o) A Master's Degree is such a waste of time...I swear, these assignments are so stupid. It is so different than an undergrad degree. You have to EARN your undergrad degree....you BUY your Master's Degree. Bailey is smarter than some of the people in my class. I should post something that some freakin' brainiac in my class wrote....I think I will.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home