Saturday, October 28, 2006

ever felt like you weren't the college type????? you shouldn't!!!!!!

Okay, y'all want to feel like rocket scientists? Here you go....these little paragraphs actually came from someone in one of my Master's classes. I copy/pasted these to a document last year (it was one the first classes in my program) to go back and look at when A) I need a good laugh, and B) to prove that ANYONE can get a Master's Degree. I'm glad I saved them, because I'd like to share some of my frustrations with all of you. This is the stupidity I have had to deal with during the past year......


Research to me is find out information that you did not know anythingabout. For example if you wanted more information about how an writergot started with his career the only thing you would have to do is puthis name in the address and search on the internet. The internet is thewonderful place to do your research because it was not available back inthe 50's and 60's or the 70's I don't think. There is a whole new worldthat is open up to up and we should used it as much as possible.

To tell you the truth I really never been in that kind of a situationbecause I never had a professional job in my life unless it was NursingAssistance or Housekeeping for someone else. When I became a nursingassistance I wanted to help the elderly people that was in their homeand the rest home. But when I saw how some of the nurse treat thoseelderly people I had to get away from that kind of work. If I had notstop working in that kind of worked I would have been in trouble,because of my anger toward those other nurse. I was still going toschool but I wanted something more for myself. Then in 2003 I startedtaken class online to get my BS in Computer Information System andfinished up on September 12, 2005. I was alway taught to treated theelderly people with kindness and respect.

In the beginning everything was going very smooth. I turn in my firstassignment but in the wrong place. I would go to the chat room everyother day until I did it four out of five time a week. Then when theteacher told me that he did not have my first assignment I told him thatI put it in on Sunday of the first week. Then the next thing was thegroup of Team A. I did not know which one that I belong to until aboutThursday of Week 2. When I started this second class I am going to be ontop of everything. I still got work to do but I am going to worked alittle hard this time because I wanted the best grade I can get and thatis by doing everything that I possible can do for myself and my familybecause they are behind me 100%. I don't wanted to let them down.

This is what I have learned from the lecture is that by working togethera person can combined their individual talents and their experienceswith their group's members, and they will be able to cover more materialthan they could if they were working on the assignment individual. Whenyou attended some college like the traditional one that don't never dogroup that much. But when you go online and take a class they worked ingroup alot and that why it is very important to me because when you getfinished with your Master Degree and any other degree you decide to gofor it will help you when you get a job in your field. You will be ableto worked with difference people at your jobs whether it is two peopleor fifty people.

Describe what self-improvement strategies you will use in this last week to push through and successfully complete this class? -try to have my homework on time if possible.-started making a schedule from now on so I wanted behind in my study.-use the chat session as much as possible to response to other people inthe classes.-try to finished this last paper before Tuesday.

Do you understand why I drink now????????????

6 Comments:

At 11:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! I can't handle that. That would make me scream and throw fits. Please, please, please tell me that he/she/it is a first year English speaker. AHHHHHH.

Need some good German wine?

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Kris said...

I don't know. She shouldn't even have a HS diploma, if you ask me!!!!

 
At 7:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh. My. Gawd.

I have had several students that are clueless, but never THAT inept. I would suppose it would depend on the program. (I taught medical, nursing and allied health professionals)

This line says it all:
"I started taken class online to get my BS."

How much would you bet that person had some “help” completing his/her assignments?

Pretty freaking scary. Yes, I could see why you'd need some wine to get through the class :)

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger Belva Jean said...

I hope when I start taking classes I can write better than that:)

 
At 12:48 AM, Blogger Michele said...

What??? I don't think they should have been admitted and I think her first degree is a bunch of crock!!

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Mel :-) said...

OH MY! Wow...just wow...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home