Thursday, January 11, 2007

el presidente

I am so proud of Bailey. He was elected to student council from his classmates a few months ago. Each class (4th - 6th grade) nominated and elected two representative for the student council. Bailey was one of them from his class. This past week they had elections for student council officers. Bailey ran for president, even though he knew he wasn't going to win. Nobody ran for secretary or treasurer, so he would have been a shoe-in. He's not interested in either of those positions, so he decided to run against all of the "popular girls" for president. He said he knew Kerry would win, because everybody likes her and she's really popular, but he wasn't afraid to try anyway. Two of the candidates backed out, so it was Bailey against three 6th grade girls. They all ran their campaign, to include putting up posters and gave speeches in front of the student body. He called me from his cell phone (he asked to go to the bathroom, and called me from there) 10 minutes after I dropped him off at school to tell me he won! I am SSOOOO proud of him. He says he only has a few friends and he gets picked on a lot at school (he says the boys make fun of him because he's a "know it all" and "teacher's pet" and the girls always giggle at him). Well, the boys are just jealous, and I try to convince him the girls giggle because they think he's cute. He thinks they are just laughing at him. Poor kid!!!! Well, hopefully, this will be a huge ego boost for him, because he's a winner in my eyes :o) I mean, really, somebody has to like him if he got the most votes, right?????? He is such a perfect son and student :o) Okay, my bragging moment is over!!!!

6 Comments:

At 3:20 AM, Blogger connie said...

Good job Bailey!!!! I know Corri for you. I am behind you 99%, all but the soda machines :)

 
At 3:21 AM, Blogger connie said...

oops, forgot "voted"

 
At 6:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go, Bailey!! I knew you'd be President someday, just didn't realize it would happen so soon. Now you can work on the Doctor or Attorney thing!! You are terrific, love ya bunches.

 
At 11:26 PM, Blogger Michele said...

First of all, your a mom; you have to brag! Congrats to Bailey!! He is a cute kid, I'm sure the girls giggle because the like him. Who wouldn't??

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Belva Jean said...

Congrats to Bailey! He'll be great!

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Mel :-) said...

Congratulations Bailey!!! Great job! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home