Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Insanity

I don't know why I do this to myself.....I drive myself crazy. Really, I will probably have a stroke before I turn 40. I don't think it is possible for one human to be more busy than I am. I have been burning the midnight oil trying to keep my head above water in this dumb Master's program. This class I am currently taking is probably the single most important class in the program. I am developing my research proposal.....oh, it's only 50 pages. Well, knee-deep in this class, we get a phone call Monday night. It was the housing office, and we were FINALLY offered our 4-bedroom house we have been waiting 6 months to get. Went and looked at the house this morning, then went to my appointment to accept/deny the house. Of course I accepted it. Well, we are moving Friday....THIS Friday!!!!! Okay, the movers are coming on Friday to move our government furniture and Monday to move our household goods. Todd had to bow out of his Hawaiian vacation (TDY). Poor guy....he totally deserves a break. He has been such a trooper the past couple of months. He has helped SSSSOOOOOO much with the twins while I have been paying so much attention to Bennett. He was looking so forward to this TDY (he didn't say it, but I know he was), and now he asked to be taken off it so he could help us move. He is so helpful. We could have done it on our own....somehow :o) Where there's a will, there's a way, right? I am so ready to be in that nice big (well, bigger than I've got now) 4-bedroom house WITHOUT STAIRS (Caden might live to see his second birthday after all). Anyway, there aren't enough hours in a day now to do everything I have to do. I don't see how I'm going to squeeze in a move too! Oh boy! Maybe I should just stop nursing and take up drinking.......maybe I wouldn't get so frazzled about all this chaos. I know, I know....it's my own fault :o)

5 Comments:

At 8:13 AM, Blogger Mel :-) said...

Holy cow- 50 pages! That stresses me out just thinking about it. I would be a terrible student at this stage of life and I just have 2 kiddos! That is so great about the house though! That will be so nice for y'all! :-)

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Congrats on the bigger house! That will make your life a little less stressful! It is amazing the strength we find to get things done and still remain sane!! Our entire trip up here was a big stress! But we made it. Jeff is starting his masters and is already stressed out! Good luck on the move!

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Great news...except for the packing and unpacking! Seriously, congrats and good luck. I'm sure it will be stressful, but sounds like the stress will be short lived and you'll be more comfortable in your new home. Good luck on the 50 pages! Wow.

 
At 11:27 PM, Blogger Michele said...

And I thought I was busy. I think I would have to take up drinking!!

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger S.Ballard, painter said...

Sounds like memories that will sustain you forever. They will make you smile over and over again as they fall behind you and the boys will find them a foundation for their strength of character as they grow to manhood. Good to hear from you and get connected to your blog.
God bless you all, Sandi(Tiffs mom)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home